redemption in a blog received 13,728 visits for the month of December 2003, meaning there were an average of 442 visits daily.
Most visited entries:
- The recent entry on TrackBack spam that spurred a short burst of inter-blog discussion made it to Blogdex. The beginning of a wave of TrackBack abuse? Joanne Jacobs and I seem to think so.
- Abyss Web Server - small and really neat pointed out a small and amazingly easy to configure web server. It's not Apache, but it works fine for local development alright!
- My Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 new feature summary - Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 - new features, upgrading, and more. I love Mozilla Thunderbird! It's not perfect, it's not final (it's still in what you would call beta stages), but it beats email clients I've used before (which include Outlook, Outlook Express and Incredimail).
- A new year, a new webhost - I've just changed my webhost to a dirt cheap webhosting plan at PinchPenny. Not that there was anything wrong with my last host, but PinchPenny had unlimited add-on domains that was just too good to miss, and there being end-year promotions (I get 10% off for as long as I'm a PinchPenny customer) as well. Besides, I was using almost my full bandwidth allocation (1,824,125KB - wait, Google can convert that to GB... It's 1.74GB) at my last host, who kindly sponsored my hosting. Just didn't feel right.
- MT-Blacklist Updater is a simple PHP script I wrote to keep my MT-Blacklist setup updated automatically with any changes in the master blacklist at the Comment Spam Clearinghouse. What was interesting was I screwed up completely at my first try. Nevertheless, it works now, and feedback like this makes me smile.
As always, thanks for reading, and a Happy New Year to one and all!
Past monthly reports: