redemption in a blog received 6701 visits for this month of August 2003. This is also the first time my weblog has gotten a Google PageRank, the first being 3 and finally increased to 5 after the recent Google major update. What can I say? Google loves weblogs!
Most visited entries:
- I'd recently implemented a PHP hack to keep track of the referrers for each entry in this MovableType blog, and it happens to be the most visited entry in my blog (hmm... it even has a PageRank of 4 - must be those trackbacks and backward links).
- Free Classics eBooks was surprisingly well-visited. Must be the word 'free' must have caught some attention.
- DHTML Lemmings - this I can understand. It's Lemmings on your web browser! Lemmings!
- Stumped by regular expressions? Try the Regex Coach points out the very nice Regex Coach.
- Nature's flawed programming - interesting dung beetle trivia.
Other interesting stuff:
- For some unknown reason, pages from http://blog.codefront.net/ were unlisted on Google for a few weeks. They have started to re-appear in the recent major Google update. Why did they disappear? Some possible reasons I thought of:
- my DNS not working correctly for a time: there was a time when DNS stopped working from several locations, but my host promptly resolved this.
- my updating of blog pages from HTML to .php pages: not likely, but the site did stop being listed almost immediately after I did the switch.
- I'm finding redemption in a blog has made a few people's blogrolls and feed subscriptions (like Bloglines. Who are you people? C'mon introduce yourselves and let me have a peek into why you read my weblog :).
Until next month, and thanks for reading!
Past monthly reports: